There are possible estrogenic side effects of Nandrolone despite it not being a very estrogenic hormone, at least not directly. Nandrolone does aromatize slightly. Aromatization refers to the conversion of testosterone to estrogen . This takes place when the testosterone hormone interacts with the aromatase enzyme. When the conversion takes place this can cause estrogen levels to go up, which can promote gynecomastia and water retention. High blood pressure can also become an issue if water retention becomes severe. Along with the low level of aromatase activity Nandrolone is also a progestin and has a strong binding affinity for the progesterone receptor. This may stimulate the mammary tissue and enhance the risk of gynecomastia in sensitive individuals.
Combating the estrogenic side effects of Nandrolone can be achieved by the use of anti-estrogen medications, specifically Aromatase Inhibitors (AI’s) such as Anastrozole ( Arimidex ). Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERM’s) are also sometimes used, such as Tamoxifen ( Nolvadex ). However, AI’s are the proper choice as they will directly reduce serum estrogen levels and SERM’s will not. An AI should be enough to reduce and avoid gynecomastia unless the individual already has existing gynecomastia that could potentially be exasperated.
Important Note: It’s often been said that Nandrolone based gynecomastia is based on increases in prolactin. It is true that 19-nor steroids can increase prolactin, which can also negatively affect libido and erection function. Some men may need to use a dopamine agonist to combat this. However, it is not prolactin that causes 19-nor based gynecomastia but rather the imbalance between estrogen and progesterone. If you merely combat prolactin you may find yourself with the very gynecomastia you tried to avoid.
Those not worried about drug screens are likely to find the low water retention and good effect of this drug favorable for use in pre-contest cutting stacks. A combination of Deca and Winstrol during the weeks/months leading up to a show for example, is noted to greatly enhance to look of muscularity and definition. A strong non-aromatizing androgen like Halotestin or trenbolone could be further added, providing an enhanced level of hardness and density to the muscles. Being an acceptable anabolic, Deca can also be incorporated into bulk cycles with good results. The classic Deca and Dianabol cycle has been a basic for decades, and always seems to provide excellent muscle growth. A stronger androgen such as Anadrol or testosterone could also be substituted, producing greater results. When mixed with Deca, the androgen dosage can be kept lower than if used alone, hopefully making the cycle more comfortable. Additionally one may choose to continue Deca for a number of few weeks after the androgen has been stopped. This will hopefully harden up some of the bloat produced by the androgen, giving a more quality appearance. Remember that endogenous testosterone production will not resume during Deca therapy, and ancillaries are likewise still needed.
• Nandrolone-Decanoate Doses:
- 100mg per week will be enough to promote joint relief and comfort.
- 200mg per week will be the minimum dosing for performance based effects, . growth.
- 400mg per week will be the maximum dose most will ever need for performance.
- 500-600mg per week can be used safely, but this does increase side-effect probability and should only be attempted by the elite and well-experienced.
- When you supplement with Nandrolone-Decanoate, as is with all anabolic steroids, your natural testosterone production will be suppressed; in this case it will be completely suppressed from one single dosing. A single 100mg injection of Nandrolone-Decanoate is all it takes to suppress all testosterone production. For this reason, it is imperative that you supplement with some form of exogenous testosterone when you supplement with the Nandrolone compound. Failure to do so will result in a low testosterone condition, and this is simply not good for your health. Further, testosterone is a fantastic, highly versatile and generally well-tolerated anabolic steroid your body is very familiar with and will only enhance your total results.
• Aromatase Inhibitors:
- Nandrolone-Decanoate does aromatize to a degree; approximately 20% the rate of testosterone. Further, this is a steroid that carries a progestin nature and by these traits can lead to Gynecomastia. With the use of an Aromatase Inhibitor, Gynecomastia can be avoided; Arimidex and Letrozole will both do the trick. Further, an Aromatase Inhibitor will aid in combating water retention that can occur with this steroid.
• Total Use:
- When supplementing with Nandrolone-Decanoate, 8 weeks of total use should be the minimal time frame of use. Any use less than 8 weeks will provide very little as this is such a slow acting steroid, and will simply be a waste of time. To maximize your results, 10-12 weeks of total use will be far more optimal, with 16 weeks generally being the maximal time frame of use.
- Whenever you decide to discontinue anabolic steroid use, you do not want to end use while still supplementing with Nandrolone-Decanoate. As a steroid with a very long activity time, if you end use with a large amount still freshly in your system it can make recovery a tremendously difficult process. In most cases, all Nandrolone-Decanoate use should end at least 2 weeks before all anabolic steroid use comes to a halt; many will find 4 weeks to be needed.